Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vitriol Breaks the Silence

I just want to be a fucking artist.

I mean, here I am, with all this raw feeling, pure stinging emotion, boiling up from every glance and thought, driving me day and night, moment to moment from comfort toward something...other, and I still can’t come up with a poetic, thought provoking quotable to save my life. Hell, I’ve crossed the whole fucking world, gone from big fish in little pond to tiny little hors d’oeuvre in the People’s Republic, and all I’ve got is this stupid money with Mao’s face on it to show for it. Not like it’s any different from the green backs I’m used to. IT BUYS BEER JUST AS WELL, LET ME TELL YOU. But GOD DAMN if these people aren’t trying their damndest to be just like us and every other western ORIFICE of youth culture. Ha. I’ve crossed half the world only to show up at another damn bar and club scene, imagine my surprise if you please. And it’s only those little girls, those three little girls who came to tell me wo de yanjing hen piaoliang that keeps me from condemning everything that’s ever touched the West, including this whole damn country. I guess people my age are idiots no matter where you go.

Edit: So this was written in about...a minute several nights ago after I'd come back from a rather lonely night drinking in a particularly Western oriented district of the city...so the vitriol might have been a bit over the top. While I stand by what I said, and it's certainly a perspective that's been troubling me since I've gotten here, it's not the whole story. That story would take much longer to tell, and now that I've got unimpeded access to my blog, I'll get around to telling it soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww so bitter, u need some beach man

Anonymous said...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-most-badass-things-ever-done-by-jungle-cats/
i also just found this...kinda funny, use it for ur entertainment

Lili said...

Please write things in a minute more often. This seems more worthwhile than anything you could've edited and stewed over for days and weeks and months.

Also, the fact that ni de yan jing hen piao liang is a truth universally acknowledged is pretty damn amusing.

Unknown said...

i'm going to email you my essay as an addendum to this rant