Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

Old Faces

I've seen a lot of old faces recently, belonging to people I had not seen in years and who had for all intents and purposes ceased to be a part of my life, but who suddenly reemerged on the scene. Talking to these people evoked in me a bizarre recognition of my own growth as I recounted the events and thoughts that have come to define my present self, and then astounded me as I watched them evolve before my eyes from living figments of my memory into flesh and blood as they told me tales of their lives since we had parted. For each of these people, as the time we spent together came to a close, I felt the strange desire to tell them everything about myself...every secret and worry. I suddenly wanted to hold on to them and the fleeting time of our reunion, and every embrace was my attempt at bringing them back into my life for good.

They're good people, every one, and I'm going to try to remember how important it is to know them.

And my blog takes yet another turn for the emo. I'm gonna take a break from this wussy shit and go pound some sheet rock around an engine I'm rebuilding or something like that.

No comments: