Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sad, sad, sad, all the time.

While grasping around for ideas for today's post, I realized that I usually listen to very melancholy music while I write. Actually, when my mood doesn't usually present a more suitable choice, I usually default to music that's on the softer, sadder side. I sincerely hope it's not because I'm some emo child that craves sympathy on some deep level...and I don't think that's the case despite the inevitably emo flavor of my next sentence. I think I listen to sad music because it draws me inward to myself, whereas upbeat music tends to make me more aware of my surroundings and what I'm doing. It's weird to think that I feel closest to my own thoughts when I'm listening to somber music, but I guess it could just be a result of my introspective personality rather than an indication that I'm a particularly melancholy person.

More later.

No comments: